A DAY IN THE LIFE
“Owning a Budget Blinds franchise was the life-changing opportunity I was looking for. HFC’s leadership, industry expertise, and unique culture enabled me to create a truly extraordinary family-owned business.” ― Ed B., California
In your new role, there are four common components that will make up your workday:
Marketing & Networking
- Build relationships with industry partners (e.g., interior designers, contractors, real estate agents) to generate referrals
- Implement the HomeRun Local Area Marketing Program Toolkit to generate leads
- Meet with customers at their home or office to take measurements
- Provide samples and other marketing materials to help the client decide on their best options
- Update and track your leads and projects in Touchpoint (CRM)
- Order marketing and business materials through HFC preferred vendors
- Track ordering, shipping and installation schedules
- Follow up on completed jobs to be sure customers are completely satisfied
Hear from our franchisees:
The Benefits of Strong Partnerships And Buying Power
As the #1 window coverings franchise, Budget Blinds uses our strength to work with vendors all over the world. Our team travels the globe to source the most beautiful, innovative, and affordable products to keep us ahead of style and trends. Franchise Owners benefit from an incredible depth of products and styles, volume pricing, and attractive profit margins.
PRODUCTS FOCUSED ON CUSTOMER NEEDS
- Automation and motorized products that offer convenience and energy savings.
- Kid and pet-friendly options that eliminate cords, making them safe to use throughout the house.
- Eco-friendly window coverings made from 100% organic materials like wood and grasses.
- Exclusive product lines, Inspired Collection™ and DesignINK™, our custom fabric design program, offer products the competition does not.
MULTIPLE REVENUE STREAMS
The Value of Commercial Accounts
One major advantage of being part of a large network of franchisees is our ability to create national contracts with commercial businesses including restaurants, hospitality, healthcare, schools, office and government buildings, condos, retail, property management and new construction. Our vendors are happy to assist with large projects as well as multiple-locations projects, including reading blueprints, measuring, suggesting customization options, all to ensure a successful outcome.
Local businesses are a vital resource stream as well, helping small business owners maximize their facilities to improve their bottom line.
BB Commercial Solutions®
Our commercial window coverings brand, BB Commercial Solutions (BBCS), allows you to service local businesses in your territory and has negotiated national accounts to help our Franchise Owners. In some instances, fulfilling national orders only requires you to order product and install, as measurements for these accounts are standard.
Our private label line of window coverings allows you to sell high-quality products at great prices. The layering possibilities allow you to cover every window twice in one transaction — and even add motorization.
HomeRun — Turnkey Local Area Marketing Toolkit
Budget Blinds has a comprehensive suite of local area marketing tools for your use. We leverage the scale of Home Franchise Concepts combined purchasing power to provide better platforms, pricing and service levels for you.
Digital is the foundation to drive awareness for the brand. 97% of customers turn to the internet to research a home service provider in a local area and eventually purchase a product or service. You need to be found online. The HomeRun toolkit includes Google Premier Partners that will set you up for digital success.
Drive your local business with HomeRun!
homerun — organic
Our online marketing portal houses an arsenal of tools for every local advertising need. Our custom portal is designed to be a one-stop marketing shop for customized advertising pieces.
Key Components of Organic Marketing:
Networking establishes community relations and gets you involved with activities and events to meet connectors who can help build your business.
(e.g. Chamber of Commerce)
The two most important goals of each canvassing effort should be to collect instant qualified leads and gather data on interested homeowners for future contact.
(e.g. door hangers)
The goal of Public Relations is to get free press by creating news-worthy stories about you and your business.
Word of mouth is the most trusted marketing tactic. Gift Certificates and Thank You cards keep you top-of-mind with your customers.
Yard signs strategically placed in approved areas of your community, and on the lawns of sold clients are one of the most inexpensive and effective methods of building product and brand awareness.
Home shows offer four important and completely independent benefits: Hot Prospects, Casual Interest Suspects, Networking with Home Improvement Professionals, and Guest Speaker Opportunities.
Your truck is not only your mobile workshop; it’s an eye-catching rolling billboard. It promotes your business 24/7.
**Click to see images above**
homerun — digital
Key Components of Organic Marketing:
Our PPC partner will collaborate with you to create territory specific pay per click campaigns that will drive leads to your business and position you in on of the top 4 potions in paid search.
It is important to have an active social media presence as that is a direct reflection of your brand.
Review & Listing Mgmt
Customer provides review with a single link and automatically posts to social sites. With our Google Premier Partner you will have a consistent business listing on over 70+ online directories.
**Click to see images above**
homerun — local website
Why do you need this?
Your local Budget Blinds website will be your online storefront for prospective customers. You will be able to introduce yourself and the company and invite customers and prospects to schedule in-home consultations.
**Click to see images above**
Training & Support
Becoming an Expert
The vast majority of our franchisees have no prior experience in window coverings sales or installation.
Thorough Classroom Instruction
The road to becoming a home organization specialist begins with our extensive classroom training currently taking place via Zoom, with hands-on installation training at our Training & Experience Center centrally located in Dallas, Texas. From the start-up of your Budget Blinds franchise through the entire life of your business, Franchise Support and Training teams partner with you to help you achieve your goals.
The Franchise Support’s mission is to help Franchise Owners be more successful in their businesses. With more than 60 years of combined experience, our team knows the business model and how to help you grow your franchise.
Franchise Support and Training are the two prongs of Franchise Operations:
The Support Specialists are the day-to-day tactical side – the “help desk” is available to keep Franchise Owners moving forward, no matter what the time zone.
Our Regional Support Managers offer in-house, performance-improving training with specific coaching modules, ongoing education, and improved accountability with one-on-one strategic coaching.
We offer 3 weeks of extensive training classes several times a year to accommodate new franchise owners coming on-board. Our expert training staff provides highly personalized and informative training from immersive product knowledge and sales, to comprehensive local area marketing programs and installation support. Upcoming dates include:
Budget Blinds has some of the most comprehensive marketing, training and ongoing support programs in the franchise industry.
- Regional Support Managers on your time zone
- Regional workshops and marketing seminars
- Monthly Continuing Education webinars
- Inspired Drapes training
- Weekly marketing and support newsletter, “Friday Newsflash”
- Professional in-house technology solutions experts
- National Key Accounts to assist with Commercial Business
- Annual International Convention
Business Extended Support & Training Program
- Starts immediately after 3 week training course
- Proactive coaching program provides smooth transition to the field
- Promotes strong communication, work ethic and sound business practices
- Helps you follow the Budget Blinds business model from day one
- Proactive “Point of Sale” support with dedicated design specialists who help you through an apprenticeship program, reviewing every design and offering presentation prep and coaching to improve sales success
- Help you setting income and business goals for the first year
- Regional Marketing Manager for assistance with your local area marketing
- Training on how to handle a lead and close a sale
- Smart Home Automation Support
- Help with increasing your product knowledge
- Provides ongoing live training webinars
- Tools to develop good business habits and routines
- Assistance with managing and tracking your financials
Complete operational platform
Touchpoint is the central sales and marketing tool for your business. It encompasses all the processes you will need to track and organize your points-of-contact with your current and prospective customers.
Price and Margin Management
Master Purchase Order
Master PO to Vendor PO
PO Line Status
Standardize and automate key customer journey touchpoints to support an engaged customer experience.
Touchpoint is a web-based tool, meaning it is accessible from any Internet-connected device. It is also built using Responsive Web Design, meaning it will scale to fit any size screen – from a phone to tablet to desktop computer.